There are many ways you can help the Bay of Islands SPCA
Volunteer with us
Do you have some spare time? We are always looking for more volunteers to help. We have a range of different needs; you could help to man the phones, or walk the dogs, or even get right into it by cleaning out cages.
We also need people to help out in the office with our admin work and extra helpers in the op shop are always very welcome.
The jobs are varied and the rewards - gorgeous smiles from the dogs, loud purrs from the cats - are endless!
Many New Zealanders make provision in their Wills for special gifts. Donations left to the SPCA benefit the animals of New Zealand and can be used to:
If you would like to help us continue our work for animals across the country, you can make a gift in the form of a bequest in your Will.
For more information, please review our Helping Animals in Your Will brochure or contact us.
- Support our inspectors to investigate complaints of cruelty and neglect
- Lobby government to achieve legislation that outlaws cruelty to animals and change attitudes to animal welfare through education
- Fund our mobile de-sexing caravan that travels throughout New Zealand helping to reduce unwanted animal populations
- Teach empathy education through our One of the Family program
- Deliver in-service training to up-skill our inspectors and shelter staff